Monday, April 19, 2010

More Shiny Stuff...

Not a huge post today but sometimes it's the little stuff that counts...

I finished up some of the window trim today. Here you can see the small bathroom window interior trim (inner), the curbside Jalouise window insect screen frame (middle), and the curbside Jalousie window interior trim (outer)...

They turned out alright even though the 6" bench buffer likes to grab these really thin pieces and try to turn them into pretzels. I learned a small trick to take a long thin piece of 3/4" scrap plywood and hold it in inside the 90 degree angle to support the thin frame. This allows you to put some pressure on the piece without bending it. This also doesn't allow the wheel to grab the edges of the trim. I did have a few times before the wooden support where the buffer would yank the trim and damage it. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. 

Here is then curbside Jalouise window drip rail and the small bathroom drip rail. The side by side of the before and after really shows how the wet sanding along with the new buffer really does a nice job...


I have actually crossed this pile of parts off of my polishing list. I am just waiting for my new rivets to come so I can can put my Jalouise window back together. I hope they come in a day or so. They better. I'm getting worried. Anyway... I will update this when they do finally show and I'm able to get it back together.

No comments: