Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hehr Bathroom Window Resto...

I managed to knock another window of the list today.

The Hehr Standard pop-out bathroom window really wasn't in bad shape. The textured glass was there and solid I have noticed that even though there isn't much damage the aluminum on all of the trailer's existing windows was starting to oxidize. It is a good thing they are getting attention now. I disassembled the windows and wet sanded all of the aluminum.

I picked up a 6" Craftsman Buffer from Sears the other day. WOW... what a difference it makes in polishing. I still use my drill and buffing cones to get into the hard to reach places but the 6" wheels really get the shine to come out quicker and is less mind numbing.

Once polished I put in a new Hehr gasket from VTS and reassembled the window using their Hehr Standard fasteners. I think it turned out real nice. The polish looks so much better than the last window.

Click on the pictures for a better view...
SHINY!!!
The details. You can actually read the Hehr LA Calif now...
One more down...

1 comment:

Uncle Atom said...

Nice work! That's a lot of sweat and Advil with many more windows to go. Keep up the great work!