Monday, March 22, 2010

Space City Trailer Club Patch...

I picked up this trailer club patch off of Ebay. Finally got it today...
I'm not sure how old it is. The image of the trailer and the chain stitching suggest it is is 60's. Houston didn't receive the nickname Space City until 1967. I suppose folks could have been using the nickname before the city gave themselves the name? I dunno. I couldn't find anything about this club. I'm guessing they are defunct. I love the patch though...
It is a nice big patch too. 5.5 inches X 11 inches. Now I have to find a vintage style jacket to put it on. The weird part... I bought it from a guy in Canada. How did it get way up there???

2 comments:

Ally said...

Hi there! New follower via Dads Dish Retro blog. Hope you don't mind I added you on FB too :)

Glad to have "met" you :)

Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Wow! In writing my blog post this evening, I am talking about the Space City Trailer Club. My parents belonged to this club back when I was a kid. They were officers of the club and, I'm not sure really, but may have been co-founders of it - at least were early members! How cool to see one of the patches. I definitely remember this. Thanks for the memory!