Sunday, May 15, 2011

Today's Progress...

I spent a little time today at my second home...Menards. More money out the window. Today was VERY windy so I didn't get any painting done. Again. The wind was violent and consistent all day. Makes working in a shelter that once blew down very interesting. It seems that the new anchors are doing their job...

Today I got to work on the door. I rebuilt the frame and got it insulated. Sorry, no progress shots. Just the end result...
This is heavier than the original frame but it will eliminate the flex that the original frame had.

I cut the interior skin and got one coat of Bulls Eye Shellac on...

 So far it looks pretty good. I got to few more coats with sanding in between. Hope to get this door done soon.

That is all for now. Only so much you can get done in a day. Stay tuned for more.

No comments: