Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shelter Sweet Shelter...

Some work to make more work...

I finally had time and decent weather to get the shelter put back up. It was a pain but it will facilitate the work that needs to get done later. The broken pieces were replaced and the tarp patched. I anchored the shelter with a much better system to replace the previously broken anchors. Here it is back inside the shelter...


I even installed 3 shop lights to give some general overhead lighting. I will use other work lights that I can move around in and around the trailer when I need it. These lights will allow me to work past sun down...

The shelter is large but you can see that it is a bit tight on the sides. I gave myself more room on the curbside for the door to swing. I will have to move the trailer to really work on the street side...

Here is the damage that occurred when the shelter was blown around. It is not the end of the world but I was excited to find a trailer that needed very little skin repair. This repair is in such a unfortunate location. It isn't a simple fix...

Hopefully the shelter will make the rest of the restoration easy and quicker than if we had not had it. I am crossing my fingers that the shelter stays up this time around. No more wind storms please. Stay tuned for more soon.

No comments: