Thursday, October 25, 2012

Exterior Updates

I finally had decent enough weather to drag the trailer out and take the updated pictures.

You will see from the pictures that I have some more work to do. I need to get new propane tanks and hook that system up. Need to make and mount new wings. Also need to do the final wiring for the exterior lights.

Ultimately, I am happy with the overall look of the exterior. The new paint looks pretty decent but a bit flat in spots. I will probably buff or wax the whole thing at some point. New decals look pretty good too.

No more rambling talk. More pictures. We will go with the old standby of before and afters...





Curbside window...

AC unit removed and replaced with a Airflyte window...

Bathroom Closet window...

Kitchen window...

Street side dinette window...

Front window. I added the decal above the window. The trailer didn't originally have one but I like how it looks so I went with it...

Entrance door. Biggest change is removing the hasp and added the deadbolt...

Interior of the entrance door and screen door...

Replaced that crusty latch with a new one...

Repainted step. I used skateboard grip tape that I had left over from another project. Cut it into Mid Century style stars to make it a bit more interesting to look at.

Taillights with new lenses from VTS.

Bargman Trail Light with new lens from VTS. Also has a new plate holder...

New marker lights...

Metal badge...

Reproduction green factory badge that I pushed VTS to produce...

Repainted MHMA badge...

Water fill...

I'm not sure I am digging the Mercury caps I found. They are ok. They don't fit all that well because they are well used. I'm still looking for another set that won't cost a fortune.


I think that is about it for now. I'm not sure if there will be much more progress before the crappy weather comes and stops progress all together...but stay tuned.










13 comments:

Mick said...

It all looks killer! What an excellent job you've done. It's been great to follow along nad see your progress.

Western Trailer said...

I truly appreciate this blog.Really thank you! Really Great.

Click Here to Visit My Site : trailers melbourne .

Unknown said...

That is one amazing paint job! I have to agree, the decal on top does add a bit of accent to it. The Mercury caps are fine for now, but it does look a bit out of place to me. How much did you get those reproduction factory badges for? They look awesome. :)

Liza Pilon

Don said...

Looks awesome!

Joyce Martins said...

ótimo trabalho ficou lindo

Anonymous said...

Please tell me where you purchased the door handle

Unknown said...

Great job after you repainted it did you do a clear coat on top of it?

brandeye said...

I love this ! We just bought a 1964 Shasta and are starting the process to update it. Your blog is useful, thanks!

Blog27999 said...

If you're trying hard to lose pounds then you absolutely need to start following this totally brand new custom keto diet.

To design this service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional chefs united to provide keto meal plans that are effective, painless, price-efficient, and delicious.

Since their first launch in 2019, 100's of individuals have already completely transformed their body and health with the benefits a smart keto diet can offer.

Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto diet.

Unknown said...

Where did you located the majority of the parts, specifically the window trim

Anonymous said...

I have a '73 Shasta 1500. I just repainted it and I'm working on replacing dulled flasher lights lime you did.. I've got the same factory badges and the original "Shasta" still in original location--I think. Need to find photos!

Ave Maria said...

What did you use to paint or remodel the metal molding around the windows? Thank you

Anonymous said...

Just bought 1962 Shasta 1500...how do I repair slight water damage to paneling around back window?